Thursday, May 16, 2013

Lennon Revealed

I'm reading a book by this title.  The author is Larry Kane.  Again, I'm probably way behind most people in their knowledge about John Lennon (and most famous musicians of last century, though I'm catching up slowly).  So far what I've found especially interesting is reading about John's highly creative friend Stuart Sutcliffe, a very early band member, painter and immeasurable influence on John.

Page 46 says,"..it was Stuart who honed and sharpened John's instincts as an artist. And that led to even more development of both John's art and being."  "...He inspired and challenged John to become a better artist..."

Sadly, Stuart died in 1962 just before he turned 22 but friends said John never stopped talking about him for the rest of his life.  A story that is intriguing, poignant and not without its shadow sides.  I'm curious to research Stuart now and see what kind of art he did.


No comments:

Post a Comment