Thursday, May 16, 2013

Lennon part 2

I'm further in my reading of the book Lennon Revealed by author Larry Kane.  This time what has caught my attention is from when John reunited with his wife Yoko. And to be frank about my ignorance, I had no idea until last week that she was an artist too.

Page 82 "John, free of the addiction that had tortured his life, was now high on the thing he did best - talking."    "...their reignited relationship was illuminated by the art of conversation."

The author also said here, " From my perspective, the most memorable and invigorating part of knowing John Lennon was engaging him in any kind of debate or verbal joust."

Caustic though John could be, it would have been interesting to listen in on some of these chats or better yet to be part of them.  "The art of conversation" is one of the most appealing and energizing to me in life, especially with other creative people.  Like extra, extra dark chocolate there's never too much....or even enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment