Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Time Out

    My life has gone from a winter that was space-walk slow to a season that is almost supersonic.  I'm wondering what happens to my creativity with such drastic changes.   In the past I've often used "time" as an excuse to postpone or frankly just not do art.  When I was very busy with little people I didn't create much.  I told myself I didn't have time or energy. When the little people went to school I had too much time on my hands. Not enough pressure.  It turns out that time has very little, if anything, to do with my creativity.  (Rats, another excuse gone.)

   So, lately my days and many evenings are pretty full, even with my vigilent, busy-ness self-protection.  Not running ragged, but watching those edges carefully.  Meanwhile I've had a new art project idea stewing in my head.  With fabric this time.  Instead of doing the whole thing in one or two sittings I've been doing these 2 minute  air raid "fly-bys" with glue and scissors before I launch off to other tasks.  And behold, art is happening, slowly in tiny snippets but happening.   

No comments:

Post a Comment