Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Still Alive?

     I could call this "Mental Health Day", but it's not as catchy.  My brother had a university aquaintance who always greeted him with "Still alive?"  Brought a smile to study-worn eyes. And yes, I'm still alive, though considerably life-worn lately.  Life has been like an "all you can do" buffet, and even though I've been selective in filling my plate, there are times when a bigger Hand adds an extra helping or two for a season.

     Now I've got that akwardness of not having blogged for a long while.  Hi, uh, I'm back at the keyboard, acting casual, just continuing from where I left off...weeks and weeks ago.  I truly did think about writing many times...really.  I haven't been writing another blog without telling you. (Though I've thought about starting a couple others)  I never forgot you. Or was it me I forgot?  

    Yes, a mental health day, and not soon enough.  Sigh.  Nearly midday, still in pajamas, sipping extremely chocolately cocoa,  drifting through the day with virtually no "to do" list. Trying to think of something meaningful (or just something) to say about my art life since we last wrote.  I don't know if a smattering of gardening counts.  Even that has been neglected.  For a while when the busyness started my creativity came out full force in emails or conversations.  Lately it's deteriorating toward cutting wit with an edge that gets sharper and sharper.  I think I'll drift outside and do some weeding or whatever I feel like.  Maybe a coherant creativity thought will meander my way.  It's good, though, to be back at the keyboard.  I feel like I could write for hours to re-set my soul like a broken bone, but this is good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment