Saturday, May 26, 2012

Limited Access

     The imagination can be both wonderful and terrible.  Like a wild horse that could take you far if broken, or if it had its way, toss and break its rider.  As a child and beyond I didn't know my imagination could and should have limits.  A lot of the time imagination controlled me, mostly in painting vivid, fearful scenarios for which I was bound to produce a survival plan in the private terror of my mind. 
     While I've become very good at resourcefulness and problem solving, I much regret those years of subservience.  I was a willing hostage to the wiles of my own thoughts.  A lot of energy was wasted running mental and emotional errands for ideas that had no real authority over me, not to mention being totally void of Truth & Beauty. 
     Today I'm still waiting to hear news, anything really, from some loved ones who are in southern Africa.  The communication turn-about has been longer than usual, though still just days.  Fear knocks at the storehouse of my mind. Throws out some possibilities and asks me to check inventory for solutions.  I pause.  Consider better uses for my resources.  And firmly shut the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment