Thursday, February 2, 2012

Wish world

    Hello.  Welcome to my first blog entry, "inspired" by personal discouragement and creative loneliness.  Not quite as cheerful as it sounds.  Nevertheless, I'm trying to keep my mind busy so I don't mope too much.  I hope to recycle the current yuk into something useful.  At least for myself but maybe for others of you who are in the creative blahs now and then.

     Let me tell you about my wish world.  This is where my imagined creative coach regularly sends me "you can do it" notes of inspiration. My dream coach frequently asks me what creative ideas I have, looks at or listens to what I've been working on, finds out what is hard for me, and always gives me great ideas for what to think about or try next.  When I get down and things seem pointless, my wish coach has a greater vision for my gifts and keeps reminding me to take the next step toward the big picture.  If I pout and refuse to do anything creative, dream coach tells me to get off my duff and stop being an idiot.   In wish world, my creative coach also leads by example, faithfully doing their own creative stuff, always experimenting, learning and growing artistically and personally.

    I've met little pieces of this dream coach in the odd real world conversation.  More often, though, in reading biographies or interviews of creative people. A big part of my "get through the blahs"self-medication is submerging myself in reading the lives of famous creative people.  Next time I hope tell you about some of these people, who to me have been vastly interesting and inspiring (I have to find a new word for that. It'll be threadbare soon).

    And finally, here's a quote from a completely different world, an online financial publication which recently bought me a smile and even a chuckle:

    "It's better to own real things. You can't print real estate, oil or gold."

  

No comments:

Post a Comment