Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Vacuum

    There are some empty spaces in my life lately which I frankly despise.  I would never choose these or wish them on anyone I liked.  If I had a dog I wouldn't wish this on it.  Unless it was yappy. I would dearly love to do without these missing pieces.  (Do 2 nothings make a double negative?)
     In my peripheral life vision I'm catching something odd going on in this season of personal vacuum.  Bits of poetry are starting to swish out of my mind's corners.  I am not a poet.  Too right brained.  Why say what's already been said and likely better?  Scraps of rhyme and rhythm - those least intuitive and confusing spelling words - are appearing on my thought screen.  Like a different person I feel compelled to write them in a journal.  My default question "What's the point?" is by-passed by this cabin decompression. 

    I don't like doing art when I'm by myself or when no one external is asking for it.  Worth asking why, I suppose.  On the immediate surface it seems too meaningless and lonely.  "What's the point?" quickly annihilates solitary creativity for me.  Playing with a band, on the other hand,  is instant artistic and meaningful gratification.  My most pleasing pleasure.  In spite of myself I'm being driven to the other, lonely artistic spaces that are deserts to me.  Not blooming ones. I would like to believe that something good can come from this.
 
             Randomly:  Here are some words I tend to use too much in life.  Save me, Thesaurus.

     INSPIRING:  cheering, eloquent, motivating, promising, nurturing, nourishing, impelling, energizing, inducing, sparking..

     NICE: attentive, conscientious, exact, fastidious, good, kind, pleasant, right, tasteful..

     INTERESTING: alluring, fascinating, captivating, charming, enchanting, enravishing, entrancing, enthralling, fetching, catching, winning, winsome, prepossessing, exciting, charismatic, mesmeric, hypnotic...

No comments:

Post a Comment