Sunday, February 5, 2012

Obvious Revelations

    Last week I was looking for online lectures about art and came across an interview with actor Shawn Wallace.  I found out he is also a prolific playwrite and has acted in a great deal more than Princess Bride.  The interviewer asked Wallace why he'd started writing essays.  Shawn said he'd been looking around and noticing a lot of very obvious things in life that no one else seemed to be writing about. 

    In a biography on singer/songwriter Joni Mitchell by Mark Bego I recently found a few quotes I really liked.  I had no idea she was such a dedicated painter as well.

          From page 133 " I feel like I'm married to this guy named 'Art'. I'm responsible to my 'Art' about all else."

         Joni likened her songs to children, saying, "My family consists of pieces of work that go out into the world. Instead of hanging around for nineteen years they leave the nest early."

        "The most important thing is to write in your own blood.  I bare intimate feelings because people should know how other people feel."

        From page 142 " I had this talent I had to feed."


       

                     


 

No comments:

Post a Comment