Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Invisible

   Today I was thinking that writing a blog is like having an imaginary friend.  And why do people...ok, mostly kids...invent these anyway?  My first born was an only child for 8 plus years, and she had Junie, who was quiet but game for anything.  There were other friends she could see, but for a few years these weren't enough.

   Invisible friends are like instant coffee but much better.  They are good listeners. They are interested in everything we are. And they have unlimited attention spans. Kind of like...blogs...

   To wrap up the imaginary friends topic, below are two cartoons I've had on my fridge for years. They still make me laugh.

                             "Can Jennifer's imaginary friend come out and play?"

                     "At some point, the invisible friend thing spun out of control."

No comments:

Post a Comment