Saturday, October 20, 2012

White Minus Green

    Recently in a random conversation about colors someone said to me that the color pink is very hard to make.  I asked isn't it just red mixed with white?  I've been making pink for years.  No, they said, that's just light red.  True pink is actually white minus green.

     How mystical. 

    Continuing to be random, I said that makes me think of my favorite Dr. Suess book "O the thinks you can think" with its impossible curly-cue stairways and especially its forest of white and red striped trees.  Really a wonderfully imaginative, assumption-turning little publication. 

     And now for a final only apparent irrelevance, here's quote attributed to Einstein:

   " Creativity is the residue of wasted time." 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment